Friday, May 30, 2014

Mother's Day in Spain

Hey family!

Wow, I cannot believe another week has already come and gone. This is the last week of this transfer and we are pretty sure that we will both be staying put for another transfer but with our president you just never know. I will be so devastated if I get transfered but I know that it will be were I am needed. 

On to this week, I´m pretty excited to write about this week because it was such a great week. Heavenly Father is so merciful and is blessings us so much right now (He always blesses us but the past few weeks it just seems like extra!). Like last week, I cannot even begin to descirbe the gratitude and love that I feel right now towards my Savior, my investigators, recent converts, and this work. Every day I am still just so humbled at the opportunity that I have to be a missionary and preach repentance to the people here in Spain. I love these people so much, I am pretty sure my companion is sick of me saying it so much by now because I feel like I say that phrase more than any other phrase but it is just so true. I love these people so much! 

So this week we had a few really neat experiences where we contacted people in the exact moment when they needed help or were praying that day for help. It is the most humbling feeling ever to be able to be the Lord´s hands here and do His work. We have no clue who is ready for the gospel or who´s husband just died and needs to hear about the Plan of Salvation, or who has been searching for the true church for the past several years. But Heavenly Father does and He just guides us straight to these people. 

Yesterday Juan came to church and wow! Our investigators are learning and growing so much as they meet with us but what they dont realize is that I am learning and growing just as much as they are. Their experiences help strengthen my testimony so much. Yesterday Juan was having trubble with his health but still came. He had a super bad head ache right before he came and during Sacrament Meeting he kept blacking out. He kept having to assure us that since he is sick this is totally normal as we were freaking out the whole time. It was fast and testimony meeting and this ward ROCKS so I was so so excited for this to be his first sunday at church. Every member that gets up shares a heart felt powerful testimony of what they know is true instead of a "thankfulmony". At the end of the 3 hour block we met with him outside to say bye and he just broke down in tears. He was so embarrased but couldnt help it. He told us that he has never felt so much peace in his life and that "today his life changed forever" and that he has come to realize that he needs to repent and change a lot of things but that he knows that this is the truth and so it will be worth it. He is not getting any support from his family, and there has been a lot of contention at home because he is meeting with us but he told us that he knows that God is trying his faith to the very limit and all he needs to do is trust in the answers that he has gotten from Heavenly Father. I know, I told you he was amazing! jaja! We are just so excited every time we get to meet with him. From day one he has been the one to ask us when we are meeting next instead of us asking them when they can meet with us next. 

Yesterday was Mother´s Day here and Hermana King and I have 3 moms (María, our recen convert, Mari, the most wonderful person you ever could meet. And Libia the mom of Lady) here that we just love so much so we made them a little treat and a card and gave it to them and each one of them just cried and cried. Gosh I just love these people so much. I cannot imagine having to leave them. I hope it is not in 1 week. 

I CANNOT WAIT to skype with you! I am on for a bit longer to figure out all skype plans! 

Les quiero muchísimo! 

Hermana Heims

No comments:

Post a Comment