Friday, May 30, 2014

Hello hello! I cant believe I skyped with you all last night! That was so much fun and I was on cloud nine the rest of the night. Since we talked last night and I already told you about Juan I dont really have much more to say so this will be a short email. 

But, just in case you missed it last night, Juan is doing so great. He had a scary call at church yesterday but thank goodness for priesthood blessings he was ok and was able to stay all 3 hours. And the best news is that he finally has the support from his family which is so huge! He was strong enough and had a real testimony of this gospel that whether or not his family supported him, he was going to keep on going but it will be just that much happier and easier to have the support of his family! And we are praying now that his family will be up for meeting us one of these days! 

From this experience with Juan I have been forced to look deeply at my own testimony and where I lack, or where my faith just isnt quite as strong as it should or could be. Just hace 3 semana we found Juan and have invited/helped him to completely change his life and do it without any support from his family. One night after a really intense lesson with him I came home and just cried and cried. I was at a loss of words for how truly strong these people are and how real the power of the antonement is and how true this gospel is. I am so blessed to have grown up in the gospel. Although there came a time where I had to find out for myself if this gospel was true or not and had to gain my own testimony, I grew up reading the Libro de Mormon each day and going to church, and living in the home where the spirit dwelt and learning from the beginning about the word of wisdom and that law of chastity. All of this is so new (yes they were taught it in the preexistance but cannot remember it) for these people and such a change from their old life, yet they have faith sufficiente to baptize themselves and become members of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so very grateful for the Holy Ghost and that Heavenly Father loves us enough to give us the Holy Ghost to help prepare our hearts to hear the gospel and to testify of the truthfulness of it to us and to help us push forward amidst trails and affliciones. 

I forget if I told you this last night but Hermana Scheu is coming to the island! I am so excited! She is serving in a area that is about 45 minutes from me but still! Although I will probably only be here on the island for 1 more transfer, I am so excited for this new transfer! Hermana King and I have goals to really change a few things and keep the work going. 

Ok, I gotta go, we are going over to Lady´s house real fast to get pedicures! Linds, I am so excited to use the stuff that you sent me! 

I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and support. It means the world to me! 

Les quiero mucho, 

Hermana Heims 

No comments:

Post a Comment