Friday, May 30, 2014

Juan was finally baptized :)

 hello familia!
          Wow, I am so bummed this week that I have only a few minutes to write you. Our president and the ayudantes are in town because tomorrow we have a zone conference so all 40ish missionaries from all of the islands and the Jacksons got together today and we played sports! AHHH I played basketball today for like 2 hours and it was the best ever! Wow I forgot how good it feels to be out on a court! Now we are all scattering getting emails done before we have to get back to work tonight. So I will just give a quite recap but next week I will write more because madre mia I learned so much this week!

 First of all..... Juan was baptized on saturday! Once again, it was one of my most favorite days of my life! But madre mia the story behind his baptism is quite the story. 

 Sadly, his family did not come to the baptism as they had said they would. It affected him quite a bit actually and made me devastated for him. I couldnt imagine making such a big step without any support from family. So many people do it and it inspires me. Turns out that when he got home from his baptism he got so much crap from his family. The rest of the night they just made fun of him. Sunday he came to church bastante triste but his blessing after he recieved the Holy Ghost was i.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e. Wow. We all now know why he has had such a heck of a time lately because Heavenly Father is trying his faith majorly right now becuase he has an incredible future ahead of him.

 Ok I gotta run! I love you all so much!

 please please keep Maria and Jose Luis (our recent convert couple) in your prayers. Also Juan. He gets his test results tomorrow morning.


 Hermana Heims

No comments:

Post a Comment